My attitude affects my altitude!
Attitude is a feeling or opinion about something or someone, or a way of behaving that is caused by this feeling or opinion.
- Attitude is often expressed in body language and facial expressions!
- Our attitude communicates what we are thinking and feeling…
- Attitude is important for individuals and organizations. Everybody impacted by attitude.
Control your attitude (lift) so that it does not control you (gravity). Deal with wrong thinking before God steps in to correct you.
- A negative attitude is reflected in our words or expressions and our performance.
- Doing a great job with a horrible attitude is not admirable.
- I do not think clearly when I have a wrong attitude
Our attitudes need to be compared with a set standard.
- An aircraft attitude is compared against the horizon or its orientation with the ground.
- Not with each other because attitudes are contagious
- Have same attitude as Christ: Philippians 2:5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
- Objective truth: Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. John 8:31 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
- Think about right things (and emulate right attitudes): Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 9 What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
- Lead with right actions and allow emotions to follow: Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. 32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Look past yourself. The more you make it all about you in the more you’ll get an attitude when the focus isn’t on you or you are not getting your way.
- Think right.
- Take a nap or take a walk.
- Be humble not high and mighty (proud)
- Be a peacemaker not a conflict creator
- Appreciate what you possess not what you are lacking. Be thankful.
My ATTITUDE affects my ALTITUDE.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download