Be the one you want others to be for you
Be patient: You don’t know all the details
Choose who controls you
Keep the big picture or end in mind
Make the Golden Rule your daily rule
- Matthew 7:12 (NLT) “Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.”
- And to paraphrase Mark 12:29-31, love the one and only true God with ALL you are and love people like you love yourself.
Be the __________ you want others to be for you! Be the friend, be the helper, be the parent, be the spouse, be the worker, and so on… that you want others to be to you.
Honor people because everyone matters to God
- To honor is to treat with high regard or great respect. To value someone.
- Valuing people ≠ Accepting sinful behavior
So that means that I…
- Build up over tear down
- Believe best over assuming the worst. I will find what looking for in a person.
- Inquire over imagine or ask over assume
- Let go (forgive) over holding on (bitter). Keep short records.
- Reconcile over revenge or restore over reject
- Cheer over criticize or celebrate over compare. If I have a critical spirit, I will always find fault in something or someone.
- Honor over degrade
- Time in over time out or serve over sever
Podcast: Play in new window | Download