I grew up living in FEAR of missing out on an eternity with God.
- My lack of understanding of God’s grace led me to believe I was always at risk of rejection by God. I treated with dread the moment that I should look forward to with excitement: the return of Jesus!
- WHEN Jesus returns, He will take us to be with Him FOREVER: 1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever.
Jesus PROMISED he would return!
Matthew 25:13 “So you, too, must keep watch! For you do not know the day or hour of my return.
Luke 9:26 If anyone is ashamed of me and my message, the Son of Man will be ashamed of that person when he returns in his glory and in the glory of the Father and the holy angels. 27 I tell you the truth, some standing here right now will not die before they see the Kingdom of God.”
Acts 1:9 After saying this, he [Jesus] was taken up into a cloud while they were watching, and they could no longer see him. 10 As they strained to see him rising into heaven, two white-robed men suddenly stood among them. 11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why are you standing here staring into heaven? Jesus has been taken from you into heaven, but someday he will return from heaven in the same way you saw him go!”
The death and resurrection of Jesus is significant: Jesus DIED so that I can LIVE!
Jesus’ FIRST coming was in humility and obscurity. His SECOND coming will be one of honor and majesty!
We will be forever with Jesus.
- Jesus is coming back for ALL believers in Him—both “asleep” and “awake”. AND we will be with Jesus FOREVER following His return for us. TOGETHER FOREVER!
- It is going to be awesome when we are with him face-to-face, always!
- No more waiting…
- No more long-distance relationship…
- No more struggling with sin…
- No more pain and brokenness…
- Rejoice. Celebrate. Our Jesus is COMING BACK for us!