What do you live for? What are you willing to die for?
What motivates you? Why does that matter? Because what motivates you, moves you!
• Am I motivated beyond the moment?
• What is the impact or legacy of what motivates me? How does it impact eternity?
As Paul continues his letter to his friends in Philippi (see Philippians 1:12-30), his motive is obvious: making lifetime followers of Jesus!
What trial are you experiencing? What setback, unexpected news, pressure, persecution, rejection, failure are you experiencing? How do I respond to the trial?
Paul’s response to adversity: He remains focused on making Jesus known and celebrates what God is doing! Why? Paul’s imprisonment places him near people he would normally never meet. The gospel is being shared with soldiers and into the heart of Roman political life.
Anywhere but here!
• In trial we want to say or go, “anywhere but here!”
• We will tolerate a trial when we know there is purpose!
• Trial only SILENCE you if you allow it too
• Trial can be a TOOL for TRIUMPH
• Trial is an opportunity to personally grow!
• Trial is an opportunity to reach and inspire others!